To celebrate National Oyster Day on Tuesday, August 5th, Executive Chef Jason McLeod welcomes five of the area’s most notable chefs to join him and take a turn behind the raw bar for an epic SHUCK-A-THON from 5pm-10pm. For those who like it raw, Ironside Fish & Oyster will be serving up Baja’s famed Kumiai Oysters donated by Farm Fresh Shellfish for just a buck apiece from 5pm-10pm. Though more convincing is probably not necessary, let us remind you that it’s all for charity, for shuck’s sake. The chefs are putting their busy schedules on ice for one evening only in order to raise money for their respective charities of choice. During each chef’s hour, 100% of the proceeds from oyster sales will go to their chosen organization, detailed below.
There is no cost to attend this event and walk-ins are welcome.
CHARITY SHUCK-A-THON SCHEDULE: NATIONAL OYSTER DAY–TUESDAY, AUGUST 5th
- 5-6PM Chef George Morris: Beaumont’s Eatery
- Proceeds go to Just Call Us Volunteers
- 6-7PM Chef Matt Gordon: Sea & Smoke and Solace Restaurants
- Proceeds go to San Diego Botanic Garden
- 7-8PM Chef Hanis Cavin: Carnitas’ Snack Shack
- Proceeds go to YMCA Oz Shelter Services
- 8-9PM Chef Chad White, Comun Kitchen & Tavern
- Proceeds go to The Kawasaki Disease Foundation
- 9-10PM Chef Amy DiBiase, Tidal
- Proceeds go to Center for Community Solutions San Die